Monday, July 12, 2010

I Knew I'd Be Bad At This

Apologies for my lack of blogging skills. My whole life is one big pile of procrastination which seems to have leaked into my blogging as well. I'll try to be better as I know that people are curious to whats going on over here. Things here are, well to say the least, boring. Still no car, which means anywhere we go we have to walk. And the humidity is so unbearable that we don't go too far unless we have to. But Aaron is getting his license this week, so we are in the process of looking for a car. Let's keep our fingers crossed here! I never realized how much I took having a car with A/C for granted! Those who have it are super lucky! We ventured off base this past weekend with the guidance of a friend Aaron met at work. I'm scared to go off without anyone who knows a little bit about the area because of the language barrier. It's so hard to have a good time when you're worrying about how to communicate with the next waitress, or how to get your train tickets. We got to experience some of the culture, though, when we had to take our shoes off in the restaurant and sit on the floor to eat.


We still haven't met any people to hang out with, so we mostly sit around and have movie night all the time. I suppose friends will come with time. As soon as we get a car I hope to plug into a church where we can make quality friendships. I still haven't convinced myself that this is where I will be living for the next three years, nor do I want to. There are so many people and things that I miss at home, but I try to keep my mind busy so that I don't dwell on it and make myself miserable. I finally got some books to read to keep myself busy while Aaron is at work, although there wasn't a great selection at the BX. For now, they will have to do. I can't wait to have my dog here. I miss that little booger a lot, and he will help keep me busy. So this is whats happening in good ol Fussa, Japan. More to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up; you will get better at it. Someday though you'll probably have so much going on that it will be hard to make the time to blog. When that happens, keep a notepad near by so you can make notes of things you want to blog about,so you don't forget. love and miss you

    ReplyDelete