Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just a thought...

From experiences thus far in Japan, and from hearing a few things, I've come to the conclusion there is not a single rude Japanese person. I think its funny how we come to their country and they are so patient, interested in our culture, the way we do things, the way we speak, and are so eager to help anyone who asks, but when they come to America we treat them like total aliens. It's amazing to me that people are still so eager to come to the US even though their first taste is rude workers at the airport, and yet we take it all for granted. We expect them to come to our country and speak our language without taking a minute out of our day to help them. The Japanese people are willing to go out of their way to help anyone who asks and if they cant, they will find someone who will. They get so excited when we try to speak Japanese and try to help you correct yourself. They understand when you're learning, but yet if someone spoke English wrong to our face we would laugh at them. I think as Americans, myself included, should learn to embrace other cultures the way the Japanese people do and welcome legal immigrants into our country. (Illegal immigrants is a completely different story.) We should stop acting so arrogant and use our intelligence for some good, helping others.

3 comments:

  1. Important life lesson you've learned there; thanks for passing it along to make all us of think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Morgan! I'm putting a link on my page for everyone to read!

    ReplyDelete